Image Map

Thursday, June 26, 2014

Summer of the Kiddos - Part One: Foamy Bath Paints

Well, as we are currently on Teacher Strike in B.C. until further notice, my summer with my own kiddos has officially begun.  My plan this summer is to spend a lot more time at home.  Last summer was a whirlwind of activities and playdates, and it really felt like we missed out on some much needed downtime.  Once September hits, between work and the kids dance and hockey practices, it feels like we are living life on a treadmill.  

In order to facilitate some time at home, I scoured pinterest for some kid friendly summertime crafts and activities.  My little darlings tend to tear the heads off each other if I don't keep them busy.  After pinning a few ideas, I made a quick trip to the dollar store, and picked up enough stuff to get us through a few afternoons.

Unfortunately, the majority of activities I planned actually involve the unheard of idea of sunshine in June.  Sadly, our weather here has been horrid.  The kids really wanted to swim in the backyard, but the rain and overall yuckiness outside had me move them inside to the tub instead.  Luckily, I had picked up supplies to make these foamy bath paints, which kept the kids busy long enough for me to clean up the messes they had previously made.  Such is the life of a mom ;)


These tub paints were made using simply shaving cream and a few drops of food coloring.  They enjoyed squirting the shaving cream into the bowls and mixing the colors, and were excited to take them upstairs and test them out.  They started off using a paint brush to paint the inside of the tub and shower, but ended up using them as finger paints to paint each other.  I was a bit worried that the food coloring would stain the inside of the tub, or their skin, but it didn't seem to be a problem.  I gave them, and the tub, a quick rinse when they were done, and all were squeaky clean :)  All in all, a pretty great way to spend a rainy day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment